What is a Vault in Brandkit?
Vaults (new in Brandkit 2) are used to ensure only the right users get access to the right content.
Vaults mean that now for example you can configure:
- a User Role that can self-serve download assets from one vault,
- while having to Request assets from another.
Vaults are like Folders (the only time we use a folder like construct), in the sense that an Asset can only exist in one Vault.
Vaults exist for the purpose of controlling users access to Assets.
By default your account comes with a Public and Private Vault.
Typically you would configure your User Roles so that the Public and Standard users can see the Assets in the Public Vault, while you would restrict access to assets in the Private Vault to staff or perhaps the marketing team.
More to come on Vaults include screenshots and more…
For Accounts migrating from Brandkit 1
In Brandki 1, Licence did the job of both Vault and Licence.
In Brandkit 2 Vault and Licence are now two separate entities with different purposes.
- Vault -is where Assets are stored and are used for setting Access permissions per User Role.
- Licence - is now simply a declaration of licence to use conditions. Licence is no longer used to manage Access permissions.
This means that when your data was migrated across from Brandkit 1 to 2, we created a matching set of named Vaults and Licences.
- It’s now likely that you can simplify Licence’s (many account will only need one or two)
- It’s likely that you can also simplify Vaults.
- You will need to adjust your User Roles to give Access permissions per Vault
- In Brandkit 1 there was a No Licence option - this no longer possible - every asset must now have a Licence (and every Asset must have a Vault).
- Any asset that was set to No Licence in Brandkit 1, will be added to the default Vault (Public) and Licence (Royalty Free) for your account (these defaults can be set in your Account settings)